Tuesday, September 28, 2004

What Have Sports Come To?

I'm reading a story on ESPN.com regarding a man who is suing another man over Barry Bonds' 700th home run ball. Apparently, Timothy Murphy had possession of the ball by "sitting on the it (the ball) and securing it with his right leg."

Then another man, Steve Williams, who has possession of the ball now, said that it was just laying there at the bottom of a pile of people. Williams contends that he did not hit or hurt anyone to get the ball, but Murphy claims that physical force was used against him to cause him to lose the ball.

My take: For crying out loud! Who's the moron that puts a price on a baseball. If I were Bonds, I'd say, "Gimme that damn ball! I hit that thing," or I'd put it in the Hall of Fame. Same goes for Bonds' 73rd home run back in 2001. Two people fought over that thing and went to court for it for the longest time. Eventually, both of them never got the ball, instead, they both got $450,000.

Damn joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home