Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Fantasy Football Update -- Yet Another Loss

Last Sunday, I had a team with some players who played very well, and some players who played like shit -- meaning that they barely had the opportunity to touch the ball.

"Nine Years" falls to a 1-3 record, losing to "Yankthis," who improves to 3-1. The points total for last Sunday's game:

Yankthis: 160.56
Nine Years: 123.74

I'm currently in 10th place out of the 12 teams playing. Points-wise, I'm 7th overall. It's always something or the other, like bad luck. I play teams where their players are playing at their peak, but when the next week rolls around the same players are hurt and don't play very well. I'm just getting a bad rap this season so far. All I can do is to hope that things will turn around for me.

As for my team, I'm disgusted at the play of Michael Vick. He isn't as solid as he should be, since his coach is telling him not to run the ball as much as he used to. That stupid West Coast offense! It's amazing to see that the Falcons are 4-0!

My running back woes continue, since the Vikings had a bye week in Week 4, I had to scramble and find some guys to fill in some roster spots. I started Justin Griffith of the Falcons and Mike Alstott of the Bucs, and both of them played piss-poor. Both of them combined to give me 7.7 points.

My worse pick up for Week 4 was WR Ashlie Lelie of the Broncos. He only had one catch for 3 yards. That's 1.3 points. Thanks, big guy.

I made a few big changes for Week 5. I finally let Michael Bennett go -- they figured he'll be out until the end of October because he had knee surgery. Ontarrio Smith will most likely get the start (for one more game until his suspension) against Houston, so for a back-up, I got Moe Williams. Also, after dropping him, I re-gained T.J. Duckett of the Falcons. He had a pretty good game after Warrick Dunn got banged up again, but I really don't see Duckett playing much. He's just insurance.

Other than that, here's the outlook for Week 5.

I play "Ole_Master40," who's record sits at 2-2, winning 2 straight after losing Weeks 1 and 2. Although I do have more points than him, he currently sits in the 7th spot in the standings. His key players that I have to watch for: Brooks and Plummer at QB, Marvin Harrison and rookie Roy Williams at WR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home