Thursday, December 16, 2004

Fantasy Football: A Small Consolation

It seems like my season will continue, although I didn't make the playoffs.

Since the top four seeds made the playoffs, I didn't get enought points in Week 14 to secure that fourth spot. Instead, I'm securely set at fifth overall, but in a surprising move unbeknownst to me -- I'm get to play in a consolation bracket between the fifth and eighth seeds in the final standings.

Teams 9 through 12 are done, so I'm lobbying to them to release some of their better players into the free agent pool (we're past the trade deadline), so we can "beef up" a little bit for the playoffs.

The consolation playoffs are not going to be easy, as I'm up against some evenly matched teams.

As far as my players go -- Brandon Stokley is questionable -- 50/50 for Sunday's game. He's by far my best receiver (stats-wise), with 58 catches for 936 yards with 9 touchdownns. Otherwise, I've got Donte' Stallworth -- but he isn't that much better. I'll probably make a change tomorrow or Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home