Friday, January 28, 2005

Burnout

Each and every day I'm feeling just a little bit more tired. It's probably because of working full-time and still attending school, but next week, it's all going to change.

This week, I'm finishing up with presentations and final exams for the two one-credit classes that I'm taking prior to my student teaching experience. Those required a lot of work, plus going in-and-out of the College of Education office with paperwork, so yeah -- I'm a little pooped.

I'm going into Chester a day early -- Monday -- to fill out some paperwork before my initial "get-to-work" plan on Tuesday. I've already received my cooperating teacher's class schedule, and basically it's all about MS Excel, some web development, and some networking. It'll be a piece of cake -- all I have to remember is that I'm going to be dealing with high schoolers so I can tone down the assignments a little bit (compared to what I'm used to at college).

But the big problem is work. I still need to make money to take care of the bills -- how am I supposed to accomplish this? I'm only required to be in Chester from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., then I'm out. I could pull into Mad-Town and work from 4:30 to 9:30, but I need to consider planning time for the next day's lessons and so forth. It'll be trial-and-error for this first week.

Overall, I'm fired up as I can be. I'm finally going to make it -- graduation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home