Tuesday, January 25, 2005

New DVD's

When I was in Mitchell, I picked up "Troy" and "Friday Night Lights."

I've seen parts of "FNL", but I watched "Troy" on Monday night. My impression? A damn good movie.

For one, it's based on Homer's "Iliad." I love that Greek mythology shit.

Second, Brad Pitt is one bad-ass mofo. Although you basically see his rear-end a few times in the flick -- I wouldn't mess with this guy.

And finally -- the cast! Katie was all about Orlando Bloom showing off his chest, but he played a puss-bag, which was my delight. But later on, he whipped out his Legolas-like skills and took down Brad Pitt's character, Achilles, with an arrow to the ankle (Achilles' Tendon -- now ya got it). Brian Cox was also great as Agamemnon, who was basically the king of kings of the Greeks.

Highly recommend this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home