Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Weather Takes A Turn

I didn't even know how cold it got until I had to go outside from school yesterday. All of the other football coaches were all bundling up, putting on coats and huge sweatshirts and here I am, just in a t-shirt.

I just love how people consider 60 degrees as being cold. It's probably because we were all used to 80-90 degree weather for the most part of September. Then next spring -- 60 degrees is considered to be "warm."

All of my players were already complaining about how cold it was -- then came the excuses. "Coach, since it's Wednesday, we've got Confirmation at church..." and so on. They wanted to get out early, but I threw the bullshit flag on that one.

I'm out there on the practice field, jumping up and down, yelling "Now this is Minnesota weather! Wooo!" After I settled down just a bit, the blowing wind kind of got to me, then I got pretty cold.

Today, I brought warmer clothes -- as it looks outside, it's pretty windy again.

Another coach told me yesterday that he had heard that it's going to hit in the 80's again on Friday. Typical.

But I welcome the cooler weather -- it's football weather, as I like to call it. It brings back the fond memories of playing football back in the day, either for high school or playing backyard ball with The Boys. The crops are harvested, the trees change colors and lose their leaves, and deer and pheasant season roll around.

Time flies when you're having fun, especially in the Fall.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh yea fall always reminds me of football too. Plus you can't forget about Oktoberfest as well :). That's when all the good beer is out and about. Got to keep the cold away somehow :).

Turkish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home