Monday, December 12, 2005

Fantasy Football Playoffs -- Simply Depressing

In both of my leagues that I'm involved in, I made the playoffs. Surprisingly enough, I'm the 6th and final seed in both playoff brackets.

In the Minnesota league, it was a friggin' miracle. I started the season 0-6, finishing the regular season at 6-7. In the South Dakota league, I finished at a 7-6 record.

But last weekend, it was a bittersweet, yet depressing weekend in Fantasy Football.

I'm still stewing over this, pissed off as all hell. I can only blame myself. In the Minnesota league, I was up against Cory, the #3 seed. In the end, I lost by ONE stinkin', ONE fucking point. I can easily blame one of my running backs, Mike Anderson for the Denver Broncos, for giving me 3 points, or the Oakland defense for giving me that crucial negative-one point. Hell, I figured since they were playing the New York Jets, the worst offense in the NFL, the Raiders should play well. NOPE.

Damn it all to hell. I eventually had a SOLID team, could have easily made a run for the championship. Now, I'm playing for 5th place. Woo-hoo.

But, in the SD league, I dominated in the first round. I scored over 200 points, the first person to do that all year long. It's a feeling of accomplishment as I move into the second round, where I can hopefully get some of my money back.

One fucking point. Simply depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home