Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Knees Hurt

Katie and I travelled back to South Dakota to finish up our Christmas shopping last night.

I know I've said this time and time again -- why do I put up with the Christmas rush and especially, following Katie around the Mall?!

With those hard floors -- my knees couldn't take it.

Of course, Kate's gotta look at everything in every store. Yeesh.

Take a guy's mentality when he goes shopping: He has one thing in mind. He goes to the store, walks straight towards that item, buys it, and gets the hell out of there.

I know a woman is a multi-tasker -- she can process many thoughts and ideas at one time, but does a woman REALLY need to look at EVERYTHING all the while she has an idea of what to purchase? It's just hard for me to figure out...

Usually, after a night of shopping (all the while I just want to keep moving), we fight. It's standard, usually over something stupid, like what radio station to listen to on our way home to Minnesota.

Here's the rule that was given to me by my junior high social studies teacher: if you're driving your OWN vehicle, it's YOUR RADIO. Katie completely jumps that rule -- then last night I sort of blew up. All I did was explain to her that if it's her car, it's her radio. She's chewed my ass a couple of times for it (whenever I played with her radio) but the line has been drawn -- No More.

I think next year, I'm getting Sirius satillite radio. No more commercials.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what happens when you marry a 17 year old. =(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home