Monday, September 18, 2006

Fantasy Football -- "Am I This Stupid?"

Man, I really do not know how to take this -- as an insult, or flattery?

I'm currently in 1st place and am the top point getter in the league so far this season.

I just got offered a trade (already!!!) just a few minutes ago through the South Dakota fantasy league I'm in. This guy -- who just so happens to be one of my old college professors over in Mad-Town, is offering me Randy Moss and Jake Delhomme, for Terry Glenn and Tom Brady.

Now think about this (a little analyzing is in effect): Randy Moss, playing for the piss-poor Raiders. Aaron Brooks is down-and-out for the next couple of weeks with a pectoral injury. Who's going to get him the ball?

Now, Delhomme wouldn't be a bad pick-up, but Steve Smith is still out of the line-up and Keyshawn Johnson is relatively a good target, but with the Panthers reeling right now with a 0-2 record, I'm not sure. This other guy should hold onto him, because Delhomme and the Panthers are up against the Bucs in Week 3.

His roster is already stacked with running backs LaDainian Tomlinson, Warrick Dunn and DeAngelo Williams, not to mention wide receiver Marvin Harrison.

As for me, I simply love Terry Glenn and Tom Brady both, who have been staples of points-getting in my rosters for the past couple of years. Glenn impressed me big time last night with that Cowboys win over the Redskins, and Brady (old Michigan Wolverine boy!) is now a great back-up to Donovan McNabb.

Do I trade? Um, no. It's way too early in the season to make deals.

I should be a smart-ass and counter his trade with another offer -- I'll be glad to take Tomlinson and Harrison off his hands!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home