Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Crash Productions, Inc. Update

Thoughts galore are running through my head, although I've hit a snag along the way.

Let's just say that I am not satisfied for the book that I had bought regarding the Adobe Premeire 1.5 program. It seems like it's all about one guy's opinions about the program and what he likes and what he dislikes. I just want a manual that will show all of the special little features of the program itself -- so if I want to do something with my video, I can just look in the glossary and go from there.

So, I will look for another book -- and this time -- hopefully that the book will include an actual disc that has some files that I can mess around with BEFORE I can dive into my own stuff.

I've been looking to the music for the 10th Anniversary Project. I'm leaning towards something like a musical score from a movie. Here are some of my choices so far:
  • Hans Zimmer-related material: The Rock, Gladiator, or Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Jerry Goldsmith: The 13th Warrior
  • James Horner: Field of Dreams
  • Trevor Rabin: Armageddon
  • Maybe some old classical music (Beethoven?)

I really don't want to go with something with a lot of lyrics, because I think it can distract from the main point of the film and if I wanted something with lyrics, it would be difficult for me to find something that would "go-along" with the whole premise.

I would like to get the original videotapes from Mike and dub them all to digital video (get them timestamped) and go from there. My original highlight tape is "pretty good," but I want to start from complete scratch.

It was also good to hear from Robb of his approval to the project itself, when I met up with him and Mike at the local bar last weekend. As far as the newer interviews go -- it's all up in the air -- so if you guys have any input, give me a holler.

I would also like to get some newer footage of the court itself (although one hoop is down, but it only adds to the "ruin value" of the place), but I may wait until spring rolls around to do some taping there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home