Saturday, June 30, 2007

CPI Update -- Just Plain Stupid

Thursday morning, all was well. I had finally freed up some memory on my computer when I had the fantastic idea of converting my video files from 30 fps (frames per second) to 24 fps, thus saving me more room on my computer and even on the external hard drive.

I was so into this idea that while I was placing my files into the converter (which happened to be my own interview files), I actually deleted them. Where my head was at ... I don't know.

I sat and stewed around thinking of that I had done. It was pretty stupid, since I needed the data source to make the new converted files, and on top of that, I didn't have enough room anyway!

I checked my camera to see if I had the original interview on there, but no ... it was long gone. My only conclusion is that I have to do my own interview again. I e-mailed Mike and Robb about my little problem and again losing valuable time to continue post-production.

The only other thing that I could work on was my own little section in the project ("The Players of The Owl Garden") and that only took me a few hours to complete on Thursday afternoon. But all the while, I was still stewing over the fact that I had deleted a completely original interview.

Hopefully this weekend I can get the interview done so I can continue working next week, although it's going to get quite busy with the 4th of July and Jarrod's wedding next weekend in South Dakota.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home