Thursday, May 31, 2007

CPI Update -- Ready to Roll

With e-mails going back and forth regarding the progress of my little project on The Owl Garden, it's back.

A few days ago, I was quite concerned about my software program, Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, when I finally realized that it doesn't quite do the job with .mpeg files. The files that it does its best work is .avi files, but first, I needed a converter.

I found a pretty good one (and free!) and started to work. But I needed to find the right codec so it could be compatible with my program. At first, I was not finding the solution for my video and audio needs (with .mpeg files, the audio and video were out of sync -- not a good situation for me), but I've finally come to the conclusion that I'll convert the video to .avi and convert the audio to .mp3, then link the video and audio files in the program.

That means with all my old footage, I'm going to have to convert them all to .avi and .mp3 formats, which should take some more time (and more memory on my computer). But in the end, it's all worth it.

With summer vacation just a week away and Robb agreeing to the interview sometime this month, we're good to go. It's just going to take more time than I had expected, so I'm still shooting for the August release.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home