Monday, August 20, 2007

A Mid-August Update

With the Third Year just a couple of weeks away, I figured to fire up TonyTimes once again. My summer -- this summer -- is probably considered to be the comebacks-of-comebacks, bringing forth so much fun and happiness that I haven't experienced in quite some time.

As the summer wanes, there's a lot of look back on. I never in my life played so much slow-pitch softball in my life, probably since the days when I played church league and men's league ball back in the HomeTown, during those high-school days. I played so much that I haven't been in such good shape since I can't remember when!

But, just last Saturday night on August 18, the summer culminated into the Premiere of the latest Crash Productions, Inc. production, "The Owl Garden: A Retrospective." My first full-length film was completed, all 2 hours and 5 minutes of it.

Due to the cool temperatures and rainy weather, the Premiere was moved to the hay loft in the barn at my parent's farmsite and as it turned out, it was an unbridled success. We had a great crowd consisting of cast members, parents, and siblings. Mike and I set up a large screen inside the barn and the projector that I borrowed from Dad worked out amazingly.

Being the director, I was pretty worried about how it was going to be received. The crowd reacted with applause and laughter, and towards the end of the film, there were a few sniffles in the audience. Although I was getting pretty drunk by this point, it was a pretty good feeling.

Now, back in P-Town, I'm preparing for my third year of coaching middle school football. We dished out equipment and we're ready for practice tomorrow. I'll admit that I'm still in "softball-mode" and haven't grasped the feeling of football yet, but going through some of the new playbooks from our new head football coach and playing NCAA Football 08 on the PS3, it's slowly coming back.

This up-coming weekend should be one for the ages, as our good buddy Shane is getting married. The reception and dance should be a great one as usual!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home