Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Plans

It all depends on what the weather does...

Last weekend, we were supposed to have the "Jensen"-side come down to our little neck of the woods to hang out with my mother's side of the family. But due to the wonderful blizzard and sub-freezing temperatures, but that cancelled. Instead, it was just the four of us, including Dan -- who tackled a 20 lb. Hillshire ham plus all the fixings.

We even almost convinced Dad to open up gifts, since we just had a big meal and all. But Scrooge himself hadn't finished his own shopping, so we'll just have to wait until Thursday.

The family will probably have to hit church up (I consider myself a "CEO" -- Christmas Easter Only) on Wednesday night and Thursday we will have the opportunity to open our gifts.

But only then, does it get a little exciting.

This upcoming weekend we will drive to Waconia for the "Eye" Family Christmas, complete with our lutefisk and lefse (leave the jello fish). Afterwards, Dan and I are spending the night in the TC area because we're hitting up a crucial Vikings/NY Giants football game. All I can hope for is more better weather, so we can at least make it there.

Earlier this year, an old high school friend and I made the trip to Minneapolis to see the Vikings play the Detroit Lions. Yeesh ... I really cannot tell you much about that game -- take a guess. All I can remember was yelling "Fire Childress!" and had to deal with a flat tire on our way there (with the "pimp van").

But this time, I'll stay sober and cheer on the boys on Purple, sportin' the Jared Allen jersey.

As for New Year's ... no plans as of yet. I've already made my contacts in Sioux Falls, but I haven't heard much from them yet. I spent the last New Year's there and it was a blast -- considering that I had forgotten that South Dakota hadn't passed the "no smoking in public places" law and I ended up getting sick. Sure, it's easy to blame it all on the Morgans that evening, but when that cigarette smoke hits my pink and healthy lungs ... yuck.

I'll keep my options open. I've already taken off January 2 (Friday), so I'll have a nice long weekend to recover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home