Monday, December 22, 2008

What ... A White Christmas?

I simply cannot remember a time during the Christmas holiday in which we've had such a significant snowfall. Sure, we've gotten dumped on before, but usually it warms up to a certain point and the snow basically melts away.

I can remember periods of cold, wintry weather when I was back in high school. Everybody had a snowmobile (plus the running war of which make was better: Polaris vs. Arctic Cat vs. Ski-Doo) and it was common that some students would drive their sleds into school.

The past five or so years have been dry, but it's nice now that we've got a large amount of snow to make the holidays seem like the holidays. I could care less about the cold and the damned wind chill -- that shit just sucks.

What I am looking forward to is the possibility of four-wheeling down the river this winter, in which it has become a tradition amongst some of the HomeTown residents. My Dad just recently bought a Polaris 500 this year and yee ... going to haul some ass.

I just need to buy a newer helmet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home