Friday, December 12, 2008

Lame -- Death to TonyTimes?

I actually logged back on to see when the last post was: September 24, 2008. Wow, almost 3 months ago.

I had thought I blogged back in October, but whoops ... guess not. Or even gave a report on my new career path. Nope. Nothing. Lame.

Well, to give you the quick 411 on my current life (hopefully there are people out there who actually read this), I'm currently working as a computer programmer for an insurance company. I'm almost three months into the job, and simply put, I love it.

When I started, I had no experience in programming COBOL, but now, I've come a long ways. I still don't know all about programming (and don't pretend to) and I still need to know the insurance business (which I will be taking company-paid courses in the future), but everything slow, but sure.

No more drama of the classroom, no more politics amongst the teachers and the administration, no more backstabbing between the district and its taxpayers.

Now, I have a straight up job. I'm told what to do and I do it. In a couple years, I will do it well.

As far as the death to TonyTimes, it's not quite flat-lining, but it's close. I usually just sit there and reflect on the day and think, "damn, I post something ...", but the motivation is quickly lost. Time constraints and fatigue have contributed to the downfall, but after repeated attempts of bringing it back, I'm just not fulfilling my own promises.

I only know a handful of you actually check this out, but due to its sparse-ness, probably no one even bothers. I don't blame you.

But I have to include the disclaimer: I'm going to keep it alive as long I stay busy. In the meantime, I'm going to watch The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray. Yee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home