Tuesday, December 21, 2004

This Is Just Wrong...

I gotta love school.

Boy, professors here can sure screw ya. I'm preparing for another dominant semester in the grade books and already two teachers have given me C's. In one class, her grading scale is such a joke -- you basically need 98% of the points to get an 'A.' I didn't do one lousy assignment and she hits me up with a 'C.'

The other class -- well, it's my own fault -- was my racquet sports lab. This class was a joke to begin with. This class is taught by the Blue Team's men's basketball coach -- and what a prick! I did all the assignments, showed up for the "final," but all I did was miss a few classes.

I should end up with a semester GPA of over 3.0 -- which isn't bad. I'll take it.

Now, I got some other responsibilities to take care of in preparation of my student teaching semester in the Spring. I've got to get fingerprinted and that information has to get sent into the state of South Dakota and the FBI to do a little background check. Just talking to some of my friends who are going to be teaching just laughed, because some local precincts already have our fingerprints, including mine!

Overall, I'm suffering from "senioritis," although I've been suffering from it for over a couple of years now. Symptoms include plain laziness, the inability to do homework, and many hours of sleep.

Then there's the other obstacle that I have to overcome -- work. I'm being re-called back on January 3rd to work nearly 12-hour days. When I start teaching in February, how am I going to do this? Obviously, I'll go back to working part-time days, but for how long? I guess that'll be decided when it comes down to it.

Man -- just take me out to the pasture and just shoot me, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home