Monday, May 21, 2007

A Good Weekend

At first, my weekend started as somewhat unusual ...

My washing maching starts on fire. Huh.

I figured that it would be a nice weekend to do some laundry, hang the clothes on the line, and all will be well. After smelling the smoke and the hearing my basement fire alarm go off ... yeah.

Mike gave a holla in the early hours on the afternoon. It was time for a little fellowship and a little beer. It also gave me an excuse to haul my dirty clothes once again to head back to the Home Town and drop them off at the folks.

I personally was happy that Mike called. It showed me that through the time and trials of the past couple of weeks, Mike and Lacey seem to be getting better. I'm sure we all would like things to get back to normal, but there will always be that empty hole in all of our hearts for little Lincoln.

Although I've commented on this before, coming Home is always so ... peaceful. In P-Town, all I have is work and the stress of things past. Back in the Home Town, it's like a mini-vacation; a sanctuary from my worries.

It was a good day ... although the temp dropped like 30 degrees in two hours. But we all, including Sean and Tami, explored the reaches of Mike and Lacey's large freshly-mown lawn with a healthy game of bocce ball. We also didn't deny a great go-around game of Bean Bag, reminding myself that I'm not in softball tournament form for those in-between-game battles.

But I tell ya ... the beer flowed. I had more than my usual that night ... but what scared me the most that the next morning I really didn't feel the effects. I didn't sleep well that night (another excuse not to make church), but it wasn't due to the effects of a hangover. I was just plain tired.

I've been drinking lots of beer lately. I'm not sure if it's a bad thing, but it's something that I think about. Usually when I come home from a long day of teaching or coaching, I gotta suck one down. But by the end of the night, it's usually 2 to 3 before I hit the sack.

In the meantime, I'm keeping good care of myself. I've started jogging every night (when summer hits -- probably in the morning) and I do my daily routine of push-ups to keep my strength up. I'm just starting to feel the burn-out of the school year -- 8 more days of school left -- and then the summer.

I simply cannot wait for my redemption!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home