Tuesday, December 21, 2004

"The Return of the King" Extended Edition

I picked my copy of this last Thursday, the 16th. I also decided to go all out and buy the gift set with a kick-ass statue of the major Gondorian city, Minas Tirith.

The movie, like I've said before many, many times, kicks ass. It was more than I expected from Tolkien's novel, even though there were a few changes and omissions, but LOTR fans will let it slide.

The extended version had an extra 50 minutes of film added on, just to fill in the spots of the story line. To me, some of them were necessary for the theatrical version, like "The Mouth of Sauron." That was a great, but creepy, scene.

Overall, I was looking forward to this extended version for one reason only -- that Katie and I would have our names in the Fan Club credits at the end of the movie. I actually had a dream about this that night before I bought the extended version DVD -- that it was being shown on a big screen and our names were not in the credits. Sure enough, when I actually saw it for myself, our names WERE NOT in the credits. Filthy language ensued.

I joined the LOTR Fan Club before the theatrical release of "The Return of the King", just to ensure Katie and I a spot in the credits. I paid $30 for a yearly membership -- and all I got was a subscription to the Fan Club magazine. Don't get me wrong, the magazine was cool and we get all these "cool" discounts on LOTR merchandise, but no names in the credits.

I'm thinking that I should send them a nice letter for an explanation. I just want to know why!

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Tony said...

I guess the big deal is that in order to get your name posted in the credits, you have to be a three-year charter member, and I'm not!

The Fan Club is pretty much dead after December since there are no longer going to be anymore movies (duh!) ... but there are hopes that "The Hobbit" will be made by Jackson, WETA, etc., so hopefully I can get in those credits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home