Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Sicker Than A Dog

Being sick isn't much fun, especially when a person has a massive head cold -- kind of like the one I got now.

I felt it coming on in the middle of last week. Immediately I thought, "Oh, shit," Christmas is around the corner and I'm going to feel like crap, because when I get a cold, it usually takes a while for it to run its course.

Luckily for me, I was done with my finals last Wednesday. On Saturday, I decided to drive down to Sioux Falls to get some Christmas shopping done -- biggest mistake I've ever made. The city was packed, including every stinkin' parking lot of every shopping center. They even had Sioux Falls' finest out directing traffic at the Empire Mall. The day just gets worse.

When I spend lots of money -- I get a little crabby. Combine that with the traffic on 41st Street, I wasn't a happy camper. I skipped out on a few stops just because of my mood (I'm heading down there again today to finish up) and drove to Pipestone to visit my brother.

On Sunday, I felt like complete shit. I refused any medicine given to me (I think it doesn't do any good) and the fact that Vikings got lucky -- I didn't want to do anything. But the college had its Fall graduation ceremony and some of our friends had their own parties in town, so we had to make our appearances.

Despite the shitty feeling I was having, I managed to suck down a few beers and had roughly a good time.

Monday was a little worse. I could barely talk -- I was literally shaking all day I was so weak. I just laid on the couch all day, watching flicks and played the PS2 until my eyes fell out.

Today, I'm feeling a little bit better. My head is starting to clear up, although I'm still pretty tired. I'm hoping that Katie doesn't get sick over the holidays -- then I just might as well build a bomb shelter and live in there for a few days, because her attitude usually gets worse than mine! So far, she's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home