Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Another Day, Another Year

Yours truly turned 29 early this morning (4:40 a.m. to be exact) and I awoke feeling somewhat refreshed.

Usually people gripe about becoming older, but at this stage in life, I'm currently embracing it. Sure, I still like to have "my kind" of fun, but at this age (yes, so close to the critical stage of 30 years on this planet), I realize that my responsibilities are increasing.

With only two years out of college, I'm finally starting to balance out my life. I'm realizing what is more important to me in this world.

And who would've thought I would make it this far?! I sure as hell didn't. When I turned 21, I figured that I was invincible and I couldn't even imagine getting through college, finding a career, and doing all the other things typical "grown-ups" do. But I'm there now, living the life.

My 29-year resolution: stop moping around. Stop feeling sorry for myself. I want to continue looking ahead at new opportunities and possibilities and patiently wait for the next obstacle to overcome.

Most of my students today knew that it was my birthday, but they saw something new -- a glow -- that I haven't exhibited since my First Year of Teaching. I was literally giddy today ... a sign of the things to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home